Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day of Surprises

Went out today with some women from my church, and had a lovely time. But. I didn't know it was for lunch! I just thought we were going to go poke around some thrift stores. 


So they pull up to a mexican restaurant that everyone just raves and raves about, I guess they go there all the time. I chose carefully the chicken enchiladas, I knew I could bring home leftovers. Well. It was disgusting. The food had no flavor whatsoever. I thought the chicken would be spicy or something but no. And it came with beans and rice. Again, bland. I couldn't believe it! 


I ate part of one before I decided there was no way on earth I was going to be able to eat anymore of it. So I boxed it up and nobody batted an eye that I hardly touched my food. That always surprises me. I always expect others to get offended that I don't eat. Now why is that? Isn't that weird of me?


So here I said I wouldn't be eating out anymore and then I did! Oh well. Leftovers are in the fridge. Anybody want some disgusting bland food help yourself. I am never eating there again if I can help it. Poor owners of that place! Do they eat it themselves? Do they know what it's like? Is there something wrong with ME? Or my tastebuds? Meh.


Had fun looking at all the stuff in the stores. Bought 2 shirts and a frog for my sink to hold scrub pads. I have always wanted one and never see them ever! I am very happy.


I ranted yesterday. Yes, I did. I apologize if I offended anyone. There is no ONE WAY that works and if we don't follow the ONE WAY we are not doing wrong. I feel that many of us are sabotaged by well meaning folks telling us what to eat and do and how often and we don't trust ourselves anymore. I guess that's what I'm doing. Trusting myself. See, I have read about weight loss my entire life. The only things I haven't done is surgery and the ones where they ship you your food. So I think I have it all figured out quite nicely. 


Food I ate today
cereal 120
milk 60
most of a small no flavor chicken enchilada and 3 bites of beans. I have no idea how many calories that is. I will guesstimate high and say 500 calories?
1 glazed donut. Yes. My daughter works at a bakery and I was starving and I ate one. 200 calories.
2 tostadas 300
grabbed a few chips 50?
total 1230 calories


My husband is finally home. All is right with my world.


Making wise choices because I can,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment