Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 191--Wonderful and Horrible at the same time? It's Madness I say, Madness!

Do not adjust your television set! You ARE seeing two posts in a row.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Today was a horrible misty wet cold day at the football game but oh so incredibly wonderful for me. It was a day of firsts. You want me to list them don't you? Ahh great minds think alike.
  • I am wearing a pair of size 24 zip up jeans for the first time in 10 years. Someone had given them to a friend who gave them to me. I happened to notice them on my closet shelf this morning and thought hmmmm. I held them up to me and um no way was I going to be able to fit in those but I'll try them on to see how close I am. They fit! They fit nice not tight or painful or anything! And the hems go all the way to my heels like pants are supposed to instead of around my ankles which is what my old pants did. Guess what I'm going to do with all my old elastic waist pants? Pitch those babies! I wish I could burn them.
  • I walked through the huge parking lot to the highschool stadium and was not tired or redfaced or panting or sweating.
  • I went up and down stairs easily with strong legs and much joy. How could something that used to be almost impossible have become so easy?
  • I sat in a stadium chair. With arms. That looked wayyy too small for my huge caboose. But I fit in it with room to spare. The mental image of what size chair I can fit in has to be changed.
  • I ate a cheeseburger and fries and had a lemonade and none of it was fat free or diet or low calorie or low sodium or even healthy. And it was gooooooooooood.
  • In essence, I was just like everyone else. I was normal.
Because I watch what I eat all the time, I can have a wonderful day with yummy freshly grilled food and not feel guilty or think I'm overstepping some diet rule. I had ONE. ONE cheeseburger, ONE helping of fries, ONE lemonade. No nachos, no candy bars, no popcorn even though that did smell pretty good the longer I sat there. My friend said I have great willpower. Why do people always think it's willpower? I have none. I never have had any. Food is just not that big of a deal. I had eaten, I was full, I knew that anytime I wanted a candy bar I could eat it and I didn't like the ones they had at the concession stand. How is that willpower? The old me would have had a whole lot more to eat, and I would have not been satisfied. Odd that I have changed. I never felt like I was changing.
So anyways that is my post today.
And words cannot describe my thoughts when I came home to a house filled with the delicious odor of chili bubbling in my crockpot. I love when I am organized and plan ahead! I am looking forward to a bowl of chili with cheese and fritos and a freshly made roll. (None of it low calorie or fat free or anything, it's all the real stuff.) Isn't losing weight fun? Remember my friends, there is no such thing as a bad food, there is only bad food portions. A little bit tastes just as good as a lot.
But dang, no walk today. Weather is bad. Looks like a wonderful night to cuddle up in my electric blanket and read.
*Before I sign off, I want to thank you all for reading this blog. I am honored that you are interested in what I am doing and encourage me. This time of my life is the best time ever. Thank you for being a part of it.*
Toodles!

8 comments:

  1. Hooray on your achievements! Can you hear me clapping? Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a great feeling to fit into smaller sized clothing??? You'll be out of those X-sizes in no time!
    I'm very proud of your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back dear, sweet Zaa....I just caught up on the last few posts since your mother-in-law passed...I'm glad you're back, and with so much great news to report. I'm truly sorry for the sorrow and grief that you had to endure, but I must say, you really got me with the phrase "joy stains backwards"....how brilliant...it DOES make the bad things in the past seem not so bad, doesn't it? I will never forget that phrase now...thank you so much for sharing it....and congrats on being down a total of 4 more lbs since I last commented, along with the smaller size in jeans!! Your progress is just amazing....you've only been at this a couple of weeks longer than I have and I've only lost 46!!! You inspire me Zaa...keep those posts coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got to wear pants that zipped, sit comfortably in a chair and all the other things!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new size, nothing, in my book, feels better than shrinking. Sounds like you had fun. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crockpot cooking is just the best, isn't it? Throw it all together in the morning and dinner time is a breeze. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that: No bad food, just bad food portions. So simply put and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great accomplishment!!! Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete