- I took my daughter to get her nose pierced. And I didn't watch because ewww. I told her no piercings tattoos or hair coloring til she turned 18, and last week she did. I also went with her to get her hair colored dark brown with blue highlights underneath. How do I feel about this? Well, I kind of wish this stuff was 'in' when I was young because I would have done it too. Now that I'm 47 I would look extremely stupid with a nose piercing and blue hair. But she looks good.
- I had a stomach virus for several days. Thrilling.
- I couldn't walk a lot because of the rain, but I walked when I could.
- Same old 1500 calories everyday. It's starting to be a habit to always find out what the portion size of a food is and serve myself only that. Oh and I have discovered that my weakness is NOT chocolate which comes as a total surprise. It's yeast rolls. Homemade. Crescent rolls. Man as the dough is rising it smells so good. I had two for dinner they were that good. I could have had more. But I didn't. Keep me aWAY from donuts forever!
- The weather has changed from summery to autumny in the span of a week. The trees are starting to turn and there is a definite chill in the air. Yay!!! The best part of my walks are checking out the trees and changing leaves everywhere. Beautiful!
- I've been working on keeping the kitchen really clean. I mean Mom clean, not kid clean. I enjoy always knowing where my rubber spatula is and having the counters completely dry and not swimming in water from when they wiped off the counter. How does that even happen. I mean seriously. How hard is it to see a huge puddle of water?
- Put my electric blanket on my bed and now I'm ready to go! My bed is all white: sheets, blankets, and spread. I used to always have a comforter but I don't need one with the electric blankets and it's prettier this way anyways. I never could when the kids were all little because no way would I EVER be able to keep that clean. But now I can.
- My two sons have detention today. The same day, for different reasons. I found out at the last possible moment as they ran off to school. Sigh.
- I made new stuff last night for dinner. We had pork chops and scalloped potatoes, all in one dish recipe thing. I was hoping the pork would be tender and it was. I have never made this before, even though I've wanted to for a long time. The potatoes underneath the chops were so incredibly good, I was surprised. My husband took leftovers to work for lunch so I guess he liked it too! And the crescent rolls were new. It was a overnight--refrigerator recipe but worked just fine without doing that. I split the dough in half and rolled them into circles. Cut them like a pizza and rolled each one up. I hate rolling dough, always have I don't know why, but this was fun. I felt like suzy homemaker! And they were heavenly. So glad it made two dozen, now I have leftovers in my freezer.
My big thing this week has been this: The last warm day we had I was looking for my capris and happened to come across a size 22/24 pair that my sister gave me. I have never been able to even get them past my thighs. Hmmmmmmmm I thought. I held them up to myself and thought hmmmmmmm. Aaaaaaaaaand they fit. Tight but not exploding. I am still surprised and hugging myself. And my sweaters are all stretched out at the hem and look funny. I am so thrilled to be wearing my old stuff and having it all be big on me. But still the hems are super stretched out. And weirdly enough, I still can't fit into size 26 zipup jeans at walmart. Which broke my heart btw. I thought 'gee after losing 51 pounds I will definitely be able to buy a pair of size 26 jeans with a zipper to wear' but no. It's my stomach. They fit around my rear just fine but it's my big ole tummy. Hard to be patient! The capris and pants I wear now have no zippers. Just elastic waists like my grandmother wears.
So I guess that's it for my week. Keep up the good fight my friends.