~~~~~~~~How My Life Is Different~~~~~~~~~
- First off, I am 51 pounds lighter.
- Going up and down the stairs is so much easier
- Doing menial tasks around the house doesn't exhaust me.
- Taking a shower doesn't cause me to get out of breath
- I can reach parts of my body to wash and dry that I couldn't before
- All my clothes are looooooooooooose to the extreme. It would be wonderful if they were falling off of me but that will come in time. And I look good (to myself) in all of them!
- I actually enjoy looking at myself in the mirror, and I smile at myself.
- My smile has changed. My lips used to look like skinny pale lines against my very puffy face. Now they look normal and wonderful and I love my smile.
- I can walk for a super long time, at least 2.5 miles, and it's not a struggle. And trips to WalMart? I don't sit exhausted in my car when I'm done with some donuts to give me strength. Man when I went on my first walk I went only a couple of blocks and had to stop a few times for breath.
- My life was so awful, and had been for a while. I would ask myself 'what's wrong with me!' Well there was something wrong with me. That black cloud that had followed me for years and years? The hatred of myself and others, the discouragement and despair and despondency? The mask I would wear when I was 'on' for other people? Depression. Me, the happy cheerful smiley one. So that is being treated with AD and this is weird I know but I'm so glad there really was something wrong, that it wasn't all just in my head, that I wasn't just a loser and a failure.
- I look forward to each day.
- I fit in chairs. I want to go to a movie so I can see how I fit in those chairs. I know I can do booths now. Ooo I want to try one of those fixed swivel chairs at McDonald's some day that I have never ever dared try maybe I'll do it someday when nobody is looking if I ever go to McD's.
- My husband says I'm not as grumpy as I was before. Pfft. Men.
- getting down on the floor and looking under the bed for something then getting back UP was something I made my kids do because there was no way on earth I was going to be able to get back UP after getting DOWN on the floor. Well now I get down! And up! I just looked under my bed for a library book that had gone missing and it didn't kill me to be on my knees and I got up quite easily compared to before. Incredible.
- I have no guilt about what I eat or how much I eat or when I eat because I have 1500 calories a day and I eat exactly what I want within that limit. Today I had peanut butter captain crunch and orange juice for breakfast. YUMALICIOUS. For lunch I might have half a pizza, or a bologna sandwich with au gratin potato chips. For dinner I'm making creamed chicken and biscuits. All delicious, tasty, seasoned with salt and FAT everywhere. But it tastes good and I love it and enjoy it so much knowing that I am still losing weight. Watching my portion sizes, measuring and weighing my food, counting calories, it's so easy and empowering.
Okay I told my husband today that I was taking Wellbutrin. He hasn't known at all because he has always said taking AD was a copout. So he wasn't mad. I told him no matter what I was going to keep taking them, even if he wanted me to stop. He said 'maybe I should go get on them too'. Well knock me over with a feather! He is the most depressed discouraged negative person I have ever met. I have wanted him to get on AD for years. I really really hope he does this.
So there you have it folks. Four months have wrought much change in my heart and life. What will the next four months bring?
I have had emails from people asking me to write down what I eat everyday. Folks have asked for more details about my method of weight loss. So here it is people:
Take a walk
And there it is.
Oh. And one other change in my life. I started this blog and have met the most incredible people through it. All of you, my readers and fellow bloggers, have helped me and changed me. This has been the best year of my life. Big Zaa hugs to everyone!
Today be Talk Like a Scurvy Pirate Day! Throw some arrrrgs and mateys in your conversations! Tell yer wife to get back into the galley! Answer the phone with an Ahoy Matey! Here is the official website you scurvy bilge rats!
And there ye go. Enjoy you bilge sucking land lubbers!