Yesterday we left the house around 8AM. We had to be a bit early to sunday school because all the musicians practice together early. I had to make sure we had:
- all taken showers
- taken the dogs out
- put the cats out
- put all the food in the car we were taking
- put all the clothes in the car for changing into after church
- and shoes
- turned off all the lights
- my music
I was so hoping that when my family saw me yesterday they would all swoon and freak out about how different I looked but nobody noticed anything and I thought well they will in a few months so I wasn't upset. I mean, I notice all kinds of differences but I guess when you are huge and you lose 30 pounds well, you're still huge! They were all very encouraging and asked me how much weight I'd lost. Then my sister-in-law kept raving about this caramel apple salad that she made that was zero points on WW and I asked her how many calories and she said she didn't know but I could eat as much of it as I wanted and I said I only eat 1500 calories a day. If I was doing WW I would have been overjoyed but as it was I had a small portion. And yes it was good. She said she would send some of her best recipes from WW. She lost a nice chunk of weight herself several years ago and has kept it off all this time. And might I say how happy I am for my sister who looks lovely and thin and NORMAL. And there I was all blobby and puffy and sweaty. But not for long. Next summer? I will be lovely and thin and normal. Well, as normal as I can be!
It is 100 degrees here. I am so glad that the entire school is now air conditioned. No more early outs because of heat! Speaking of school, it starts 2 weeks from Thursday. Yippy!!! The kids are so bored and blah and driving me completely insane.
My Bekah comes home this weekend. She's been gone most of the summer.
I made a lovely lasagna for dinner. Then I went on a shorter walk than normal but hey, it's so stinkin hot out there. But still, better than nothing. The kids all want me to make some kind of snack and I haven't yet, it's 10 now, and gee I guess they'll just have to live without it. Funny how things are different now. Used to be we always and I mean ALWAYS had some kind of junk sitting around--brownies, cookies, cake, some kind of luscious ice cream dessert, cheesecake, whatever I was in the mood to make. Now? Nothing. I'll be making stuff for special occasions and family get togethers but other than that nope. We do not need it. And we are doing just fine without it. You know, I thought I was making all that junk for them all but really it was for me. Everything was chocolate that could be. Yes, I have a big chocolate tooth!
*********more signs that I'm losing**************
- I have room between my tummy and the steering wheel. I can put my hand between them!
- I have extra length in my seat belt!
- I can see the veins in my feet! I think I wrote about this earlier, but when I noticed that I was so scared! I thought that blood was pooling in my feet, that something was wrong with my circulation or something. My children pointed out that you can see the veins in THEIR feet too. Was too funny.
I have to take my cat Ninja Cobra to the vet tomorrow. He has ANOTHER abcess by his tail. That is the 3rd one this month. The vet said she would have to lance it and I said have fun with that I am going to be in the waiting room. I hate hearing them cry don't you? Even though it's for their good they don't understand and its scary. I'll also get to give him an antibiotic and I hope with all my heart it's liquid but it'll probably be pills which I fail in giving to cats. Dogs? Put it in a hotdog or a piece of hamburger and it's gone in a blink but cats? If you have given a pill to a cat then you know what I mean and if you haven't well lets just say it's super fun and I'm being sarcastic.
When a lot of us bloggers start up, it's freeing because we don't think anyone is reading what we write. Then we slowly start to get a following. And then you find out that not only are they reading everyday they are going BACK TO THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE POSTS and reading them ALL. Talk about freaking me out.
- I never ever thought that anybody would think what I was writing was interesting enough to read even one time
- I am a little fish in a big pond. I didn't think anyone would even find my blog.
- When I wrote, it was kind of to myself. Now? I have to block out the fact that others are reading. Otherwise it would be so stilted and odd.
- Not only are people reading, they are leaving comments! And such nice supportive encouraging comments they are!
- I even had someone say I was an inspiration. Me. My decision to lose weight and start blogging about it seems to be a common thing, how can this even be.
So there you have it. Day 77 has come and gone and I'm ready for tomorrow. I think I'll have bacon and eggs and juice for breakfast, I haven't had that for a while.
Thanks for being kind to me. Make wise choices!!!!!!!