Thursday, July 2, 2009

Post #19--Day 26 Part Deux

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Okay so the chili got wiped out by my son and his friends. Shock, I know. I'm surprised too! Nonetheless, we ended up going out to dinner on our 28th wedding anniversary. The restaurant is famous for their cheeseburgers so I had HALF of one, and a small bit of homemade curly fries and water and NO CHEESECAKE which they are also famous for. Do you know I ended this day with 600 calories to spare?
More than anything? I'm happy that I have never once overate, running to food to soothe my emotions, giving up and getting horribly discouraged. How empowering it is to be in control of every single bite that goes in my mouth for the first time in my life! It's as if God reached inside my soul and turned my dial a little bit to the right and CLICK it all works now. How many times in my life I have tried and failed and tried and regained and it was awful. I essentially just gave up for the last 10 years. Never looked at calories, never exercised, and sank deeper and deeper into the bottomless pit.
No more, thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment