Thursday, July 2, 2009

Post #13--Food and Deception

Saturday, June 06, 2009

~~Copied from my journal~~

I have been deceived my whole life by food--how it is marketed to me, how it is made, the ingredients in it, the feeling I will get from eating it. Food is just food. Nourishment for the body. Yet I have turned it into this huge desperate NEED. I think I'll be happy if I could eat whatever I'm craving. Like food is really going to make me happy. Well it has not made me happy. It has made me completely and totally miserable. Food has made me hate my life. Food has made me hate me. Food has ruined my marriage. Food has destroyed my body. Why do I think about it so much? It's the sickest relationship. I am obsessed with it and it hates me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanted to share this little tidbit with you all because I am sure I am not the only one that has given food the lead role in life.
Attention Food: I hereby dethrone you! You are now my servant, my slave, and not my ruler. I will eat when it is TIME to eat, what is HEALTHFUL for me, and in QUANTITIES that I decree, not you. I will no longer be sent into a lustful haze when I see ads on tv or in magazines of moist chocolate cake, or juicy hamburgers, or melted cheese. I am in charge now.
Oh and my left foot doesn't hurt quite as much today. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment